The Scrum methodology of agile software development marks a dramatic departure from waterfall management. In fact, Scrum and other agile processes were inspired by its shortcomings. The Scrum methodology emphasizes communication and collaboration, functioning software, and the flexibility to adapt to emerging business realities — all attributes that suffer in the rigidly ordered waterfall paradigm.
Posted by ewok_bbq under Agile Principles
Happiness Metrics were all the rage (no pun intended) in 2012. While it sounds really ‘squishy’ and non-empirical, I see this metric coming up again and again with customers I am visiting.
One of my favorite thinkers is Shawn Achor of Good Think. Shawn spent over 10 years traveling the globe studying people and their behaviors. Here’s what he found:
Success does not make you happy
- Achieving your goals can simply result in moving the goal posts
- If happiness is on the other side of that goal post – you are delaying your happiness indefinitely.
- The field research shows Happiness = Successful
You can re-wire your brain in about 21 Days – The Ripple effect will be amazing (try it on your teams)
- Do Random Acts of Kindness
- Journal about positive business interactions
- Send unsolicited positive emails to coworkers
- Do physical Exercise and Meditation
Watch him in his own words here at his TED Talk:
Tags: agile, Scrum Basics
Posted by ewok_bbq under transformation
What can this picture tell us about getting outside of our comfort zone?
Scrum Training Series
- Do you REALLY want to learn Scrum? Try a 3.1-day CSM class with case studies. July 25, 2013
- Scrum based funding model – 20 percent May 9, 2013
- MJは６月と７月の２ヶ月間、日本に滞在する予定です。スクラムのコーチングまたはトレーニングに興味のある方は是非ご連絡ください。 March 14, 2013
- The Next Big Idea March 5, 2013
- On Being Available February 17, 2013