The Scrum approach to agile software development marks a dramatic departure from waterfall management. Scrum and other agile methods were inspired by its shortcomings. Scrum emphasizes collaboration, functioning software, team self management, and the flexibility to adapt to emerging business realities.
Posted by admin under Agile and Scrum
Here’s an interesting video I reposted from the Agile Journal website: an interview at the Agile 2008 conference in Toronto between Agile Journal reporter Patrick Egan and Victor Szalvay, co-founder of Danube Technologies, Inc. and Product Owner for the ScrumWorks Pro agile management tool. It only clocks in at about five minutes, but, in that time, Patrick and Victor cover a lot of ground. Topics discussed include agile adoption trends; the evolution of agile tooling solutions; common challenges organizations face when adopting agile; and how Danube uses Scrum to manage all their projects, from budget forecasting to marketing.
Leave a Reply
Scrum Training Series
- Scrum based funding model – 20 percent May 9, 2013
- The Next Big Idea March 5, 2013
- On Being Available February 17, 2013
- Should Scrum Always Require the Product Owner to Attend the Sprint Retrospective Meeting? February 5, 2013
- Happiness Metrics January 23, 2013