The Scrum methodology of agile software development marks a dramatic departure from waterfall management. In fact, Scrum and other agile processes were inspired by its shortcomings. The Scrum methodology emphasizes communication and collaboration, functioning software, and the flexibility to adapt to emerging business realities — all attributes that suffer in the rigidly ordered waterfall paradigm.
Posted by ewok_bbq under
My favorite yearly conference hosted by the ubersmart Olliance Group. Olliance was acquired and is now the BlackDuck Consulting wing on issues around Open Source governance and policy. The conference held last year near Napa was a who’s who of the Open Source community. I was excited to attend as a fill in for the CollabNet CEO Bill Portelli last year. I am quite excited to say that I was invited back by Olliance – Thanks so much to Andrew Aitken for the invite. I can’t wait to do some thinking and drinking around Open Source.
Event details are posted here.
Leave a Reply
Scrum Training Courses
Find Agile Training near you.
Worldwide course listings.
Scrum Training Series
- Do you REALLY want to learn Scrum? Try a 3.1-day CSM class with case studies. July 25, 2013
- Scrum based funding model – 20 percent May 9, 2013
- MJは６月と７月の２ヶ月間、日本に滞在する予定です。スクラムのコーチングまたはトレーニングに興味のある方は是非ご連絡ください。 March 14, 2013
- The Next Big Idea March 5, 2013
- On Being Available February 17, 2013