Happiness Metrics were all the rage (no pun intended) in 2012. While it sounds really 'squishy' and non-empirical, I see this metric coming up again and again with customers I am visiting. One of my favorite thinkers is Shawn Achor of Good Think. Shawn spent over 10 years traveling the globe studying people and their behaviors. Here's what he found: Success does not make you happy
- Achieving your goals can simply result in moving the goal posts
- If happiness is on the other side of that goal post – you are delaying your happiness indefinitely.
- The field research shows Happiness = Successful
You can re-wire your brain in about 21 Days - The Ripple effect will be amazing (try it on your teams)
- Do Random Acts of Kindness
- Journal about positive business interactions
- Send unsolicited positive emails to coworkers
- Do physical Exercise and Meditation
Watch him in his own words here at his TED Talk: If you are struggling to get started - pick three or four of the 12 listed to the left and start journaling about it. After three weeks, come back and leave a comment for me on where you're at.